The UC Merced Career Advancement Mentorship Program (CAMP) is a volunteer career development program that matches experienced UC Merced staff (mentors) with staff members (mentees) seeking mentoring and professional development. This annual program provides the opportunity for mentors to share their knowledge and experience with mentees to better equip mentees to become future leaders and/or to excel in their chosen field. The mentorship program matches mentors and mentees based on their interests and career path experiences.
Campus community members who participate in all five sessions of CAMP will:
- Assess personal strengths by completing a Strengths Finder assessment;
- Develop a vision and goals for their career plan;
- Take action by completing an individual development plan;
- Meet, interview and learn career pathing strategies from campus leadership; and
- Reflect upon and examine their authentic selves to imagine their futures.
The 2017-2018 Career Advancement Mentorship Program (CAMP) cycle runs from July 01, 2017 to June 30, 2018. CAMP application and registration begins on Friday, May 5, 2017. The deadline to apply for this program is Friday, June 2, 2017. Applications received after this date will not be reviewed.