Learn, Grow & Thrive
UC Merced is actively seeking ways to develop its talented workforce. The University recognizes the goals, talents and passions of the organization and is committed to invest in the professional development of its employees by providing resources and tools to Learn, Grow, and Thrive.
UC Merced’s Human Resources has reaffirmed partnership with LinkedIn Learning (LIL), an online professional development training library. Here you can find unlimited access to professional development courses that teach the latest software, creative and business skills through high-quality instructional videos taught by recognized industry experts. The service is available to all UC Merced faculty, staff and student-employees. With LinkedIn Learning, any UC Merced employee can watch full courses or bite-size portions at their own pace from their computer, smartphone or tablet accessible 24 hours/7 days a week.
How to Access Linkedin Learning
- Login at this link with your UCM credentials (email).
- If prompted, click “Continue without LinkedIn"; then select "Do not connect my account". If you wish, you may connect to your personal LinkedIn Learning profile at a later time.
- Your successful login will display “Me” & “UC Merced” in upper-right corner.
- If errors are encountered, please try again by opening in an "in-private" browser.
IMPORTANT: If you have an existing separate personal LinkedIn profile and have not linked it with your LinkedIn Learning account, please be sure you have logged out completely from your LinkedIn profile before trying these steps.
LinkedIn Learning for Work and for Fun
You can use Linkedin Learning online training for professional development, and also for personal enrichment outside of work. From Microsoft Office and Adobe Create Suite applications to time management, leadership fundamentals, and more, the Linkedin Learning vast online library offers a wide range of on-demand instructional videos. As long as you have a UCMnetID and are a UC Merced employee, you can log in to LinkedIn Learning on or off campus.
Note for non-exempt employees: Time spent on LinkedIn Learning training for personal enrichment will not be considered time worked. As with all training opportunities, if you need to take Linkedin Learning training for your job, please work with your manager/supervisor in advance to schedule the coursework and to request that course time be approved as work time.
Have Questions or Issues
- Have questions regarding LinkedIn Learning playlists for you or your team members? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For problems logging in including authentication-related issues when accessing LinkedIn Learning, contact the OIT Service Desk
- For all other issues with LinkedIn Learning, contact LinkedIn Learning Help (link is external).