Reduced Fee Enrollment
A regular status employee as defined by PPSM 2 - Definition of Terms, who meets the admission requirements of the University is eligible for two-thirds reduction of both the University Registration Fee and the Educational Fee when enrolled in regular session courses of up to nine units or three courses per quarter or semester, whichever provides the greater benefit to the employee. Full fees will be assessed when an eligible employee's enrollment exceeds both nine units and three courses.
- Employees who are eligible to receive reduced fees under this policy are not eligible to receive an additional reduction in fees under the Policy and Procedures Concerning Part-Time Study.
- The reduced fee enrollment provision does not include access to student services and facilities provided through the University Registration Fee, which includes but is not limited to the Counseling Center, gymnasiums, or the Student Health Services, unless the employee is otherwise entitled to them.
- Most undergraduate and graduate programs are covered; however, some self-funded and professional programs may not be covered; applicants are advised to check with the program and The Office of the Registrar to determine if the reduced fee enrollment can be applied.
- A Reduced Fee Form must be submitted each semester to receive the reduced fee enrollment.
To participate in the reduced fee program:
- Review the PPSM-51: Reduced Fee Enrollment.
- Apply for admissions with the university. You must already be accepted into the program.
- Complete the Reduced Fee Application Form.
- Obtain signatures from your Unit Head/Supervisor's.
- Obtain signatures from the Benefits Unit verifying you're a regular status employee by emailing the Reduced Fee Enrollment Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the Benefits Units confirms employee status, Benefits will forward the Reduced Fee Application to the Office of the Registrar for processing and cc you.
The Benefits Unit is responsible for verifying employee's status only. For questions about employee status, email email@example.com.
The Office of the Registrar processes the Reduced Fee Application Form. For questions about processing the Reduced Fee Application, admissions, billing, or registrar related service, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (209) 228-7178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.