COVID-19 Vaccination Accommodation and Exemption Updates
As you are aware, the University of California issued a systemwide Executive Order requiring all students, faculty, other academic appointees, and staff who are living, learning, or working on premises to receive an influenza immunization before Nov. 19, 2021.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Guide Training
- click the "Required Training" button to view your Training Analysis,
- then click the "Start" button for the course,
- or, you can also search by course name or find it in the catalog under “Environment, Safety, and Emergency Management”.
2021 Extended Emergency Paid Sick Leave - Effective September 30, 2021 through Septemeber 30, 2022 , the University’s Extended EPSL is available to all employees hired on or before September 30, 2021, who did not exhaust their 2021 EPSL entitlement.
Employee Assistance Program is offering additional support for employees and providing live virtual meetings lasting approximately 15-20 minutes to address the following:
- The stress individuals may experience associated with this National Crisis
- Tips to manage personal wellbeing
- Tips to take care of children/others
- Information, tools and resources for overall wellness, including a COVID-19 special resource section available on Insight EAP website
- Overview of Insight EAP Benefits and Resources available to all employees and their families
COVID-19 Funeral Assistance FEMA
FEMA is providing financial assistance for COVID-19 related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020. COVID-19 Funeral Assistance FEMA is reimbursing up to $7,000 for COVID-19 funerals to any family member who paid for a funeral. More information can be found on the FEMA website.
Maximum Vacation Accruals
On September 9, 2021, President Drake approved the request to extend the approval to temporarily increase the amount of additional time that PPSM-2.210 (Absence from Work) provides to policy-covered staff employees to use to bring the employee’s vacation accrual below the maximum October 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. Policy-coverd staff employees will continue to accrue vacation leaving during this timeframe.
On May 20, 2021 UC President Drake has approved a second extension of the temporary exception to PPSM-2.210 (Absence from Work), which allows policy-covered staff employees additional time to take vacation leave in order to bring their vacation accrual balances below the maximum. The exception deadline has been extended to September 30, 2021. During the exception period, employees whose balances exceed the maximum will continue to accrue vacation leave.
On June 29, 2020 UC President Napolitano approved a temporary increase to a four-month extension for eligible staff, effective retroactively from June 1 through Dec. 31, 2020.