Employee-initiated Reduction In Time: Procedures
- An ERIT Contract (U280)PDF must be completed and signed by both the ERIT participant and the department head.
- The ERIT Contract AmendmentPDF (page 2) must be completed and signed by both the ERIT participant and the department head when an ERIT contract is terminated early or extended, or the percentage of time reduction is changed.
- The contract must be reviewed by HR Employment Services to ensure guideline compliance and then submitted to payroll for processing. Must be submitted at least one week prior to effective date or one week prior to payroll compute deadline.
- The ERIT participant’s department is the office of record for the contract. Copies of the contract are to be provided to the employee, the Human Resources Office, and to Retirement Administration at the Office of the President.
- Contracts are retained for 5 years after separation, except in cases of disability or retirement in which case contracts are retained until age 70.