UC Merced Faculty and Staff
Open Enrollment Benefits Fair
Friday, October 31, 2014
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Joseph E. Gallo Recreation & Wellness Center (Gym)
The UC Merced Open Enrollment Fair, sponsored by Human Resources, will be held in the Joseph E. Gallo Recreation & Wellness Center (Gym). The Fair will feature insurance carrier representatives who will answer questions and provide information to assist in making benefit decisions. Free screenings cholesterol and blood pressure will also be available.
Open Enrollment begins October 30th at 8:00 a.m. and will continue through November 25th at 5:00 p.m. The Open Enrollment period provides an opportunity for employees to make changes to their benefits and to elect Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts for the 2015 fund year.
Changes made during Open Enrollment become effective January 1, 2015.
During Open Enrollment you can:
- change to a different medical plan
- change to a different dental plan
- opt out of medical, dental, and/or vision coverage or enroll if you opted-out previously
- enroll eligible family members in your health plans
- cancel coverage for a currently enrolled family member
- enroll or re-enroll in Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- enroll or re-enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account
- cancel your Tax Savings on Insurance Premium (TIP) participation – or re-enroll if you opted-out previously
- enroll in the ARAG Legal Plan – an opportunity that is not open every year for enrollment
Come meet the vendors, enjoy refreshments and door prizes.
Free screenings for cholesterol and blood pressure.
Plan on attending the Open Enrollment Fair on October 31st!
For questions, please contact: