A series of online discussions addressing the unique and evolving challenges presented by telecommuting. These interactive sessions with UC Merced campus staff, faculty, and academic appointees feature sharing of useful resources, best practices for working remotely, and lay the groundwork for a supportive online community.
Participants are invited to bring experiences, challenges and strategies for working remotely to the discussions. Many topics will be explored, including: building and maintaining community; establishing a home office/workspace; engagement with colleagues; project management; keeping a schedule; and pacing ourselves during extraordinary circumstances.
Sessions are hosted by Conflict Resolution, Talent Development, and the Office of the Ombuds.
- To Be Determined - please check back; classes will be posted as they become available.
Human Resources Talent Development Tools
- A Conference Call in Real Life
- The Zoom help page
- Zoom's tutorials for managing breakout rooms
- James Veitch Is A Terrible Roommate - CONAN on TBS
- Some Good News with John Krasinski
Have Questions or Issues
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org