Program Goals and Objectives
The UC Merced Supervisory Certificate Program is a flexible, performance skills based program of learning that was designed and has been successfully implemented in UC San Francisco and other UC campuses to provide supervisors and supervisor aspirants with an opportunity to develop supervisory competencies. UC Merced has adapted this program to the needs of UC Merced’s supervisors and managers.
This program enhances skill development in critical thinking, delegating, coaching, setting expectations, communications, organizational awareness, team leadership, and human resources management. The program encourages developmental communications between participant and his/her manager to facilitate transfer of learning to the job.
The program objectives include:
- Provide orientation to the supervisor’s role
- Provide supervisory/management skills to enhance performance and productivity
- Prepare supervisors to effectively manage in a represented environment
- Facilitate peer learning, feedback, and support relationships
Is this program right for you?
The UC Merced Supervisory Certificate Program is suitable for newly designated supervisors and experienced supervisors who wish to enhance their supervisory skills. Aspirants to supervision may also participate. Courses are open to all qualified UC Merced employees regardless of participation in the UC Merced Supervisory Certificate Program. Download an electronic brochure of the Supervisory Certificate Program (PDF Format).
There are several benefits participants may enjoy as a result of participation in the program:
- Smooth transition into supervision - productive results with less stress
- Supervise more consistently
- Create a more supportive and productive workplace
- Enhance your supervisory skills
- Increase your career competitiveness
- Reinforce credibility as supervisory figure
- Fall 2017 Course Schedule
- Spring 2018 Course Schedule - available March 2018
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org