Open Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. Oct. 31 and ends at 5 p.m. Nov. 26. During that period, eligible UC Merced faculty and staff can make changes to their University of California benefits for the 2020 calendar year. Changes made during Open Enrollment are effective Jan. 1, 2020.
During Open Enrollment, staff and faculty can:
- Enroll themselves and eligible family members in health plans.
- Enroll in Supplemental Health Plans. UC is offering three new supplemental insurance options.
- Enroll in the ARAG Legal Plan – an opportunity not available every year.
- Change dental plans.
- Enroll or re-enroll in Dependent Care Reimbursement Account or the Health Care Reimbursement Account.
- Opt out of medical, dental, or vision coverage, or enroll if the employee opted-out previously.
- Cancel coverage for an enrolled family member.
- Cancel participation in the Tax Savings on Insurance Premium (TIP) or re-enroll if the employee opted-out previously.
Some important links:
- Highlights of updates and changes to benefits
- Employee medical plan premiums for 2020
- How to maximize your benefits
- An Open Enrollment checklist
- Open Enrollment website (link to information will be live Oct. 28)
The university’s Human Resources Benefits Team is working to make the process of being an informed benefits consumer easier.
Employees can make selections and changes to benefits via the UCPath Portal starting Oct. 31.
Benefits & Wellness Fair, Workshops and Webinars
The Faculty and Staff Open Enrollment Benefits & Wellness Fair will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 6 in the Lakeview Dining Room at the Yablokoff-Wallace Dining Center. RSVP by Oct. 31 to attend the fair and a complimentary breakfast will be ready for you. All attendees can get information from benefits vendors and campus benefits staff, and participate in free wellness screenings.
Live workshops will be held during Open Enrollment at several locations. The one-hour workshops will cover benefit options, eligibility and plan changes, premium contributions, and how to make selections and changes online using the UCPath self-service portal. Here is the schedule:
- Nov. 7, 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., COB 281
- Nov. 7, 9 p.m.-10 p.m., SSM 102
- Nov. 13, 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m., KL 232
- Nov. 15, 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m., San Joaquin/Tuolumne/Stanislaus Room, Fresno Center
- Nov. 18, 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m., DCC 105/106
- Nov. 20, 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m., Tulare/Madera/Kings Room, Fresno Center
- Nov. 21, 3 p.m.-4 p.m., KL 232
Staff and faculty unable to attend in-person workshops can participate in UCPath Center’s one-hour, interactive webinars. Registration is required. Here is the schedule:
- Oct. 29, 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Nov. 5, 9 a.m.-to 10 a.m.
- Nov. 12, noon-1 p.m.
- Nov. 19, 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Nov. 21, 7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
Questions about Open Enrollment may be directed to the Human Resources Benefits Team at email@example.com.