Leave of Absences Related to COVID 19
Effective April 1, 2020, the University provides job-protected paid leave for specified COVID19-related reasons in accordance with the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act, which were signed into law on March 18, 2020 as part of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
- Extended EPSL - Form Entitlement October 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022
- National 2021 Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) - Form Expired September 30, 2021
- UC Expanded Paid Administrative Leave (PAL) - Executive Order Expired June 30, 2021
- FFCRA Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) - Form Expired December 31, 2020
- Health care workers and emergency responders are not eligible to take EPSL for reasons 4 or 5.
- FFCRA Expanded Family and Medical Leave (EFML) - Form Expired December 31, 2020
- Health care workers and emergency responders are not eligible for EFML.
Staff eligibility for leave benefits outlined in the COVID-19 Related Leaves and Job Protections Guidance for Policy Covered and Represented Staff Employees.
Academic eligibility for leave benefit visit APO.
Student Worker eligibility for leave benefit visit Payroll Services.
The Leaves Office will make the determination of whether an employee qualifies for any COVID Related EPSL and/or EFML. Whether an employee's leave is designated as any of the above listed leaves is not a decision that the employee or supervisor can make independent of the Leaves Office, the exception to this is PAL. Therefore, it is critical that all supervisors immediately report any need for leave under EPSL or EFML to the Leaves Office to review eligibility or make this determination.
EPSL and EFML, may not be used intermittently.
For more information regarding COVID 19 Related Leaves, please contact the Leaves Office.