- Upon receiving notice of injury, you wll be provided with a FirstFill card to be used at a participating network pharmacy.
- Give the card and your prescription to the pharmacist.
- The pharmacist will fil your prescription. By using a participating network pharmacy, you should not receive a bill for your medications.
- A permanent workers' compensation pharmacy card will be mailed to you.
- Use the permanent card each time you have a prescription filled for your work-related injury.
- You must present your workers' compensation pharmacy card to a participating network pharmacy in order to receive medications.
- Only medications used to treat your work-related injury are covered.
- If your medication is not on the authorized list, the pharmacy will contact Optum to try to obtain approval while you are at the pharmacy.
- If a participating network pharmacy charges you for medications, you are not subject to plan limitations.
- Your prescribed medication may be subject to Utilization Review at the request of your claims administrator.
How to locate a plan pharmacy
Visit Optum Pharmacy Locator or call 1-866-599-5426 to speak to a custmer service respresentative
If you have any questions about how to obtain prescribed medications, call 1-866-599-5426.