UC Learning Center Frequently Asked Questions
The UC Learning Center Quick Start Guide explains how to perform many common Learning Center tasks.
Is My Browser Supported?
It is important to note that our LMS supports the following:
· IE7.0 and 8.0
· Firefox 3.0 (learner and manager modes only)
· On OS X (10.4), Firefox 3.0 (learner and manager modes only) and Safari 3.0 (learner and manager modes only)
· On OS X (10.5) Leopard, Firefox 3.0 (learner and manager modes only) and Safari 3.1.2 (learner and manager modes only)
How do I access the UC Learning Center?
1. Click here to visit the UC Learning Center and sign in using your UC Merced Net ID and Password.
1. Open an internet browser.
2. Copy this link http://hr.ucmerced.edu/training-development and paste it into the address box of your browser
3. Click on the bright yellow UC Learning Center button.
3. Enter your UC Merced Net ID and Password and click Login.
What is my User Name and Password to log in to the UC Learning Center?
Use your UC Merced Net ID and Password to log in.
Who do I contact if my log in does not work?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of the problem.
If you receive an error message, try to obtain a screen-shot by holding down your “Alt” key and pressing the “PrtScn” button (near the top right of your keyboard), then open an email and click the paste button (Ctrl-V). If you are unable to obtain a screen-shot, please let us know what information the error message contained.
How do I find a class that I am interested in registering for?
1. Go to the Home page of the UC Learning Center
2. Use the "Search" field located in the top left corner.
3. Enter the full name of the class *If the class does not appear, try entering only a partial name for the class or use an asterisk as a wildcard search.*
All results should appear in the center of the UC Learning Center website. Click on the name of the class to see full results.
4. Click on the REGISTER button to register for a class.
The class you want does not appear: try entering partial name for the class.
The class is listed but there are no dates: please email email@example.com for the next offering or express interest to receive future email notices regarding the availability of the class.
The class appears but I can't register for it: You may not have the prerequisites required to attend the class or there are no current offerings of the class at this time.
How do I cancel a class that I have already registered for?
1. From the Learn menu, click Training Schedule.
2. Select the box to the left of the activity you wish to cancel.
3. In the Task list, select Cancel Registration and click GO.
4. On the Cancellation Confirmation page, click Cancel Marked.
You have successfully “unregistered” for this course and will receive a cancellation email.
How do I view my training schedule?
From the Learn menu, click Training Schedule. Tip: You may need to change your view using the drop down menu on the right of the page.
How do I view a transcript of my completed classes?
From the Learn menu, select Learning Activity Reports and click Training Transcript.
How do I correct errors on my transcript?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, include the name of the course in question and a detailed description of the problem.
Who can I talk to if I still have questions or concerns?
Email email@example.com with any other questions or suggestions you may have. Your input is always appreciated!
What is the difference between the “UC Learning Center” and the “Learning Management System (LMS)”?
“Learning Management System” is a generic term for the type of software we use to manage training. The “UC Learning Center” is the University of California’s system-wide learning management system.